Citi Taste of Tennis is serving up its signature combination of great food and tennis this summer with its first-ever Food Truck Tour!
Each stop on the tour will feature a signature dish prepared by the Citi Taste of Tennis Culinary team and an all-star ensemble of chefs including Jassi Bindra (Punjab Grill) John Mooney (Bell, Book & Candle, Bidwell), Fany Gerson (La Newyorkina), Wenford Simpson (The Simpson), Suchanan Aksornnan (Baoburg), John Doherty (Black Barn Restaurant) and Alex Fortini (Tarallucci e Vino).
Participating Chefs’ featured dishes include:
- Jassi Bindra: Merguez Sausage with Channa masala hummus and carrot Turshi or Jackfruit Dumpling with Lebabdar Sauce and Saffron Rice
- John Mooney: Coal Oven Pizza
- Fany Gerson: “Paletitas” in Mango Chile, Coconut, Pink Limeade, and Passion Fruit flavors
- Wenford Simpson: Jerk Barbecue Chicken Sliders with Texas Apple Coleslaw and Vegetarian sliders with caramelized onions
- Suchanan Aksornnan: Yakisoba Noodles Salad and Yakisoba Noodles Salad with fried tofu and summer veggie
- John Doherty: Savory almond tartlet with the wild mushrooms, goat cheese and
watercress(V) and Chicken Milanese, tomato, pesto aioli on a brioche roll
- Alex Fortini: Meat Lasagna and Vegetarian Lasagna
To celebrated tennis’ return to the Big Apple, The Johnny Smyth Band featuring John McEnroe will perform at the iconic Tavern on the Green on Thursday, August 26th.
“The return of Citi Taste of Tennis represents a time for a celebration of our beloved cities and sport as we usher in the return of professional tennis. We hope to continue offering an unforgettable experience for foodies and tennis fans alike and continue celebrating the city’s return while supporting this incredible group of chefs” said Penny Lerner, CEO and Executive Producer of the Citi Taste of Tennis.
The experience will also celebrate the 50th Anniversary of New York Junior Tennis and Learning (NYJTL).
In addition to live performances, guests will be treated to a seated dinner prepared by the Citi Taste of Tennis Culinary Team. A select number of tickets for the concert are available by visiting https://www.tasteoftennis.com/
Remaining Tour Dates on the Citi Taste of Tennis Food Truck Tour:
Date: Wednesday, August 18 from 11:30 am-1:30 pm at Union Square Pedestrian Plaza
Featured Chefs: Alex Fortini and Fany Gerson
Date: Thursday, August 19 from 11:30 am-1:30 pm at Union Square Pedestrian Plaza
Featured Chefs: Bao Bao and Fany Gerson
Date: Tuesday, August 24 from 5 pm-7 pm “Happy Hour” at Black Barn Restaurant in NoMad
Featured Chefs: Chef John Doherty and Fany Gerson
Date: Wednesday, August 25 from 5 pm-7 pm at The Benjamin Hotel
Featured Chefs: Wenford Simpson and Fany Gerson
Date: Thursday, August 26 from 7 pm-10 pm, a ticketed Citi Taste of TennisCelebration at Tavern on the Green
Featured Chefs: Food provided by the culinary team
A chance to hang with tennis stars and celebrity chefs? Sign us up!
Photography by: Eugene Gorolusky for AYS Sports Marketing/Citi Taste of Tennis