While the newly bowed Casa Cipriani might be members only, the sophisticated spa and suites offer grand and elevated experiences for all who wish to enjoy.
Casa Cipriani joins the brand’s worldwide properties, which can be found in 14 cities spanning four continents.
The first Cipriani restaurant, the legendary Harry’s Bar, opened in Venice in May 1931. Four generations later, the family tradition of hospitality is still going strong as Maggio Cipriani steers the business toward a new Cipriani lifestyle concept, Casa Cipriani, a private members club downtown at the Battery Maritime Building opened late last summer.
Designed by Thierry Despont (who also was behind the restoration of the Statue of Liberty and other historic renovations of the Ritz in Paris, the Cartier Mansion and the Woolworth Building), the exclusive enclave offers five floors featuring multiple dining options, a Jazz Cafe, a rooftop, 47 elegant rooms and suites, and a spa and wellness center.
The waterfront, landmarked 1906 Beaux-Arts building is reimagined by Despont with custom furnishings and art deco flourishes. With 110,000 square feet and sweeping views of the East River, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty, this members-only casa offers spa packages for nonmembers as well, like the Wellness Retreat, which combines a chakra-balancing massage, infrared detox and oxygen facial for the ultimate escape.